Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup (and My Two Cents)

This Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup (AKA Cheesy Vegetable Chowder) is creamy, comforting and completely delicious!

It's a mashup of my favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup and Creamy Potato Soup and it's sure to please even the fussiest of eaters.

Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup

Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup

This seriously satisfying soup is brimming with hearty potatoes, nutritious broccoli and carrots and it's all embodied by a rich and creamy, deliciously cheesy broth. It may even take a top spot in your repertoire as a new favorite soup!

And can we talk for a moment about just how comforting and cozy it is? With all of the sudden bout of fear and worry in the world it's amazing what a bowlful of soup can do for the soul.

My Two Cents

No I'm not suggesting eating out discomfort in our lives, but maybe just taking a moment to breath. Eat some soup, and taking time to remember all we have to be thankful for. Gratitude can go a long way despite the given circumstances and uncertainty.

And no, the world isn't going to fall apart. To those of us that worry, I hope we can stop letting our minds travel to very worst case scenario as we read news articles. Personally I think they should all end with "but remember life will be okay," rather than instilling fear and trying to get you to click to the next article.

Remember those articles can make big money with enough clicks, news sometimes loves to be bold and scary. And then of course there's those that downplay things to the exact opposite for clicks (and partisanship). So as you look to sources for updates I recommend looking for valid statistics, facts, educated word from Dr.'s involved, updates from Disease Prevention, etc. not just opinions before you begin making your own educated opinion.

I know it's not really my place to discuss health and economic concern in the world. I share recipes. But I hope we can all do our part to help proactively prevent spreading the coronavirus that's bombarding us.

I'm not trying to get political or anything (I'm a registered independent BTW, I hate politics and the division). I just hear so much on both sides and I just sit here and say, sure this virus is uncertain so why not proactively be cautious and reduce spreading. We don't need another virus added to the list we've already got, and I would love to save a life if we can!

And if someone wants to say it's only "____ percent dying," and do comparisons shouldn't that just be zero? I life lost is a life lost. My heart goes out to those whom have lost loved ones. That number is someones mom, dad, grandparent, brother, sister etc. I can't image being in that place.

And as far as food goes I do suggest being prepared just with some basic necessities stocked in your panty if you need to stay home a few weeks. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, come what may. But maybe head out first thing in the morning to avoid the chaos and potential germs :).

Sending love and well wishes my friends, no matter where you stand in all of this. Sorry for spouting out my two cents in a place not really fit, I know there's a billion and one opinions out there already.

Hope you get a chance to enjoy a bowl of soup and some sunshine this weekend! View the Recipe

Comments