Autumn Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Spice Cake with a decadent Cream Cheese Frosting! This is one of my all time favorite fall cakes! It's perfectly moist and brimming with lots of those sweet autumn spices. It has a tender crumb and so much flavor in every bite. No one can resist a slice!

Layered spice cake with cream cheese frosting on a matte brown plate decorated with fall colored sprinkles.

Spice Cake

Fall is that time of year where you have more excuses to make cake right? At least that's how I feel about it.

It's that time of year to break out all those delicious, sweet spices on a cold day and get baking!

One cake I've been wanting to try for years is just an old fashioned spice cake. I always loved the boxed spice cake growing up but I rarely cook with them anymore so I need a good homemade version. So here we are.

So Much Better than Box Mix!

It took a few attempts and a lot of contemplating on exactly what I wanted from this cake but let me tell you this cake is worlds better then anything you get from a box!

It is probably the most moist cake I've ever had and filled with the perfect amount of all those delicious autumn spices.

It uses brown sugar instead of white sugar which gives it a sweet caramel-y note and pairs so well with the spices.

Read More »

Comments