Chicken Enchiladas Recipe

Enchiladas will forever and always be one of my must have foods. With a sauce like this they have so much flavor and I just can't get enough of all that cheeeeese. Add a side of homemade black beans or Mexican rice and you'll have a dinner people will go crazy for!

Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas

When we go to Mexican restaurants enchiladas or tacos of some kind are usually my first choices. I mean who can resist a good enchilada?

I'm picky about what makes a good enchilada. First off it's all about that sauce. The sauce makes or breaks an enchilada and this sauce is so delicious!

Second no flour tortillas! Okay this is totally personal opinion but enchiladas on flour tortillas should never be a thing.

Corn tortillas don't get soggy and mushy. They absorb the sauce better and the flavor is just more fitting.

Third bring on the cheese! Authentic Mexican enchiladas actually don't have much cheese, I prefer this more American extra cheesy version (and yes I'll even sometimes add more than what's listed here because why not?).

And lastly lets not bake them so long they dry up and get crispy cheese. I just like to bake long enough to heat through and melt the cheese.

Enchiladas Read More »

Comments