Salsa Recipe

This homemade restaurant style Salsa recipe is one of my favorite most frequently made recipes! It's perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over your favorite Mexican like tacos, burritos, taquitos and so forth. The best party food around and a must have snack!

Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipe

The Best Salsa Recipe

Fact, the best salsa is made with fresh tomatoes. Okay that's just my opinion but in the past I thought I could go the route of using all canned tomatoes but using fresh tomatoes makes a world of difference! Fresh tomatoes make the best salsa, especially when you use nicely ripened in season tomatoes.

This is hands down my favorite salsa recipe and I don't know that I'll ever need another one. It just has the perfect ratio and blend of everything.

It's not too oniony or garlicy, nor too spicy for my kids, it doesn't tasting like it came from a can and it has the perfect brightness with the fresh lime. Then it has a classic Mexican flavor with the cilantro and hint of chili powder and cumin.

Then the sugar I'd say is only needed if you are using store-bought tomatoes. If you grow your own or buy them at the farmers market the quality is a bit better and they're a bit sweeter so the sugar isn't needed.

Salsa ingredients fresh tomatoes cilantro red onion green onion garlic chili powder cumin jalapeno canned tomatoes salt pepper Read More »

Comments