Hello my friends, and happy, happy Friday.
What a week this has been, with the tragic news and events that filled my Instagram and Facebook feeds with tributes, concern, and mostly a whole lot of questions of, “WHY?” to which we will likely never have answers to. I don’t want to delve too deep into the tragedies, but I’d feel like a fake if I didn’t address it.
So all I’ll say is that I hope we keep the conversations going, all of the conversations, whether they’re about suicide, mental illness, gender inequality, sexual violence, or racism, and shed light and more attention on the root of the problems to create more support for those in need, and stronger communities for everyone to thrive in. Talking about it is good, because it IS okay not to be okay.
And I am now stepping off the soapbox.
This weekend and next week is all about the family, and I am ready. My sister and her family are in town for a summer visit and a sort-of staycation for us all to celebrate Father’s Day, my dad’s birthday, and to have a little fun in Park City for a few days.
How lucky am I that a 20-minute car ride transports us to one of the most sought-after vacation spots in the world? Because while Park City is known for it’s stellar vibes in winter, summer is truly where it’s at.
(...)
Read the rest of Friday Faves (712 words)
©FoodieCrush for FoodieCrush Magazine, 2018. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: Friday Faves
The post Friday Faves appeared first on foodiecrush.


Comments
Post a Comment