Jalapeno Honey Crispy Fried Chicken BLT

Jalapeno Honey Crispy Fried Chicken BLT
Seasoned crispy fried chicken smothered in sweet and spicy jalapeno honey in a BLT sandwich with avocado! Could this be The ultimate chicken sandwich?

There is a local restaurant (PG Clucks) that has some amazing fried chicken sandwiches including one with honey and jalapenos! The combination of crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside fried chicken in sandwich with the sweet and spicy combination of honey and jalapenos was so good that I had to make my own version! I couldn't resist adding a few extras like bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado!

I started out with my go-to fried chicken recipe which marinates the chicken overnight in buttermilk seasoned with cajun seasoning. (I use a homemade cajun spice blend to control the amount of salt in it.) Excess buttermilk marinade is shaken off before thickly coating the chicken in flour, along with cornstarch and baking powder that is also seasoned with cajun seasoning. I like to double coat the chicken dipping it in the marinade again followed by the seasoned flour mixture before frying it in oil until perfectly golden brown and crispy!

Once the chicken is cooked it's smothered in jalapeno honey and thrown into a bun with the bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado shortly before being devoured! I really can't think of a better fried chicken BLT sandwich at the moment! This jalapeno honey crispy fried chicken BLT is a bit messy but irresistibly divine!

Read the recipe »

Comments