Friday Faves

Hello and Happy 3-Day Weekend Friday!

Macaroni and Shrimp Pasta Salad foodiecrush.com

I know I say it all the time, but this time I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS! What in the heck happened to the last six months?? HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY BE MEMORIAL DAY ALREADY???? I mean, I’m never one to turn down a holiday weekend, and I always think time goes by so fast, but literally, it has!

Last weekend we had some of my man’s family over for a pre-Memorial Day celebration on my dearly departed father-in-laws birthday. It turned into a Memorial Day BBQ dry-run with some of our favorite stand-by BBQ recipes making their summer debut:

  • My mom’s Shrimp and Macaroni Salad, pictured above and my husband’s favorite pasta salad ever
  • BBQ Baby Back Pork Ribs with my man’s secret for succulent ribs every single time
  • My favorite BBQ Baked Beans, the side dish that perfumes the whole house with the scent of my childhood summers
  • A tomato and corn salad that will be hitting the blog next week (so good!)

I’m not sure what this weekend’s cooking adventures will entail but I do know one thing, next week we’ll be starting our summer because my Ali Smudge is D.O.N.E. with school for the year and I just got a summer FoodieCrush helper. For the first week or so anyway 🙂

I swear it feels like she just barely started 8th grade last week. Talk about time flying by! How did my chubby little bald baby until she was two years old turn into a nearly 6-foot tall, drink of kind, smart, compassionate, natural-red-headed-beach-wavey-locks-that-makes-every-woman-stop-her-in-the-grocery-store-to-comment-on-her-hair gorgeousness who I am so ridiculously proud of??!

No more middle school for my little Smudge, she’s on to high school and then it’s only four years and she’ll be off to college and then what in the heck am I going to do with myself?

Looks like I gotta ramp up my golf game because the LPGA just might need me to compete on tour.(...)
Read the rest of Friday Faves (1,001 words)


©FoodieCrush for FoodieCrush Magazine, 2018. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:

The post Friday Faves appeared first on foodiecrush.

Comments