Friday Faves

Hello and Happy Friday!

The countdown is on! For my Smudge (I wonder how much longer my almost 14-year-old is going to allow me to call her that?) that means only 2 more Monday’s ’til schools out for summer and her 14th birthday at the beginning of June where this birthday cake will most likely be making its annual appearance.

For me, the culmination of my countdown is a mere 24 hours away. Today I am at a food blogging conference and I am more than happy that is being held locally because once it’s over, I.am.done! This weekend winds up a flurry of April travel that has kept me on my toes and ever-in-motion playing adventurer/entrepreneur/mom-wife-daughter-friend and juggler-of-all-the-things. And while I love the opportunity to travel, I am SO EXCITED to be home, to plant my flowers and garden, go on day-dates with my man, cook for fun, cheer at all the basketball and soccer games, work on my golf game (beware LPGA, HERE I COME!), and just sit and be me.

Am I the only one who is perfectly content to be a homebody?

Once I’ve caught up on a few things here at home, you won’t just find me toiling away in the garden—although that would be nice. Instead, I’ll be getting busy on a number of things here on the blog and other projects I have in the pipeline, too.

Here’s a preview of just a few thing you’ll be seeing more of soon:

FoodieCrush redesign relaunch: I’m working with my web expert on a little blog retrofitting to make FoodieCrush a better experience for all of us. Faster load times, better navigation, and some fun new features will be coming your way hopefully within the next month. We won’t be overhauling the site, just making a few improvements, so if you have any suggestions of what you’d like to see (especially if there is something that bugs you about the site or makes things difficult) PLEASE EMAIL ME! heidi@foodiecrush.com

NEW! Weekly Meal Plans + Grocery Shopping Lists: Last week (somewhat of a whim) I sent out a weekly meal plan to my email list. The idea was to create a meal plan featuring recipes of my own and from some of my favorite food blogs that can be prepped, cooked, and stretched to extend throughout the week, helping you save time and money. The favorable response was overwhelming and I’m thrilled you guys liked it! So now, it looks like it will be becoming a regular weekly thing (Saturdays seemed to be the day of the week most wanted to receive it.)

Sign up for my email list here to have my totally FREE weekly meal plan and grocery shopping lists delivered to your inbox each week. If you are already a subscriber to my email list, you will receive it automatically.

Nourished Planner 2019: Alexa and I are well underway to creating next year’s version of pretty much what I call my third arm –> our printed Nourished Planner, with some new additions we can’t wait to reveal. All of it is coming soon. But until then, we have a few copies of the 2018 edition still available at 50% off right now.

FoodieCrush community survey results: Thank you, thank you to everyone who participated in the survey a few weeks ago. I’m compiling all the data and will be sending out an email to share it all with you very soon, as well as letting you know who the giveaway winner is! If you didn’t take the survey yet, your voice still counts and I’d love to know what you think when you take the survey here.

And that’s a tidbit of what’s happening around here.

What Went Up This Week…

This week’s culinary creations included:

And on that note, let’s get on with this week’s Friday Faves!

(...)
Read the rest of Friday Faves (526 words)


©FoodieCrush for FoodieCrush Magazine, 2018. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:

The post Friday Faves appeared first on foodiecrush.

Comments