Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese

Frittata egg breakfasts are usually a meal to share, but this two-egg, single-serving recipe packed with fresh asparagus, mushrooms, green onion and a sprinkling of goat cheese is the perfect way to enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast idea for one.

Asparagus and Mushroom with Goat Cheese Frittata for One | foodiecrush.com #breakfast #frittata #eggs #recipes

When I used to hear of people making frittatas, it sounded so glamorous, so exotic. It was a recipe you’d save to serve for company at a languid weekend brunch with mimosas and sunshine. Sure, frittatas can be exactly that. But they can also be one of the quickest, easiest breakfasts for one you’ll make all week, and that’s why a version of this ingredient combo hits my breakfast table at least once or twice a week.

When I started making frittatas for breakfast it was entirely by accident and purely because as a distracted multi-tasker who put my standard scrambled egg combo of asparagus, mushroom and green onion to cook on the stove, then started doing the dishes, and promptly forgot all about my eggs.

And so when I turned around I was happily surprised to see there was a sight to behold, a puffy mass of softly souffleéd egg cooking gently away in my pan.

This egg scrambling “mistake” wasn’t the first time I’d made a frittata (this one is SO GOOD!) but it is the one that made me realize this frittata-making situation just might be the easiest, hands-off way to make a fresh and fast, healthy grab-and-go breakfast each and every day of the week.

Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata for One | foodiecrush.com #breakfast #frittata #eggs #recipes (...)
Read the rest of Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese (738 words)


©FoodieCrush for FoodieCrush Magazine, 2018. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: , , , , , ,

The post Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese appeared first on foodiecrush.

Comments