Tonkotsu Ramen

Tonkotsu Ramen
Ramen seems to be pretty popular in restaurants these days, which is good since I always enjoy a nice bowl of ramen! The other day while I was happily slurping up a bowl of pork ramen I realized that it was about time to share my favourite ramen recipe! Tonkotsu ramen takes a bit of work to make but it's well worth it! It all starts out with tonkotsu ramen broth, chashu pork belly, and ajitsuke tamago (ramen eggs) which can all be made ahead of time so that you can throw the finished bowl of ramen together in almost no time. You simply need to heat the broth, cook the noodles and add your favourite ramen toppings an you are in ramen heaven in less than 20 minutes. I like simple toppings for my ramen adding mushrooms and green onions to the broth, noodles, sliced pork and egg and of course some spicy shichi-mi tōgarashi (chili pepper spice blend) finishes it off perfectly! The next time you have a ramen craving think about making your own!

Read the recipe »

Comments