German Pancake

This German Pancake (aka Dutch Baby) recipe is one of the easiest breakfast recipes and the toppings possibilities are endless! We like to serve this with homemade buttermilk syrup, blueberry syrup or warm maple syrup. You also can't go wrong with fresh fruit and whipped cream. This is a classic recipe that is a must have for your recipe box!  

German Pancake

How to Make German Pancakes

  • First preheat your oven to a high temperature (I like to go with 400).
  • Then you add plenty of melted butter to a baking dish.
  • Combine a few food staples (eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, salt) in a blender just until combined, then pour into that baking dish and bake it through, so incredibly easy and foolproof!

I've made a lot of German pancakes over the years and I've decided that I didn't like how eggy they were so I've cut back to only 4 eggs per 1 1/4 cups flour and 1 cup of milk and I think it's perfect. I also like to add a hint of vanilla and sugar because why not? Read More »

Comments