Friday Faves

Happy Friday my friends! And greetings from NYC!

I’m here in the Big Apple for the IACP conference, aka the International Association of Culinary Professionals. But let’s get one thing clear, I am FAR from being a professional cook.

So, what kind of cook am I? I’m betting I’m a whole lot more like you, unless of course, you are a professional :). I’m someone who doesn’t have a lot of time to spare but still craves getting in to the kitchen to make real good, real food for my family and friends. The food I crave doesn’t have to be complicated, and is most often a nod to a family favorite from when I was growing up, or inspired by something I’ve tried while going out.

And where better to experience new tastes and loads of foodie variety than NYC? For me that doesn’t necessarily mean dining at 5 star restaurants (but if you invite me, I certainly will!) but also hitting the corner bodegas, discovering the best street food, and trying to choose what to eat from one of the popular food halls—because NYC would never call them what they really are: trendy food courts minus the mall shopping.

If you want to travel along on this NYC adventure, follow along with me on my Instagram stories, where I’ll be sharing some of the highlights, including my cameo on NYPD Blue. Okay, we weren’t actually ON film, but we did stumble upon them filming and Ice-T graced my Instastories… you can check out in my highlights but only via Instagram on your mobile device :).

(...)
Read the rest of Friday Faves (514 words)


©FoodieCrush for FoodieCrush Magazine, 2018. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags:

The post Friday Faves appeared first on foodiecrush.

Comments