Mexican Shredded Beef Tamale Pie

Mexican Shredded Beef Tamale Pie
Tamale pie is a magical casserole with layers of a sweet cornbread with a savoury sauce and plenty of creamy melted cheese that I find irresistible! When I made the Mexican shredded beef I made extra so that I could use some in a tamale pie and when combined with a tasty homemade enchilada sauce it makes for the perfect savoury sauce layer! You can easily bulk this sauce up with the addition of beans and or veggies but I like to keep it simple, and meaty! The cornbread layer of the tamale pie is typically the top layer but I enjoy using it as the bottom layer so that I can top everything off with melted cheese! Given that my sauce layer is pretty much just meat and enchilada sauce I serve this Mexican shredded beef tamale pie topped with fresh pico de gallo and guacamole making for a complete and tasty meal!

Read the recipe »

Comments